Page 2 of 3
- All school uniforms shall be neat, clean, and reflect an appearance of modesty. Uniforms are available at Lobels in West New York.
- On dress-up days, apparel shall not be sheer, brief, low cut, or revealing above or below the waist as to be embarrassing or indecent. Shorts, ripped jeans, and shirts containing inappropriate logos and/or designs will not be permitted. Inappropriate-style clothing or jewelry will not be allowed in the building.
- Uniform Bermuda shorts for boys will be only for pre-k through 4th grade students. Short may be worn by boys from May 15th to the end of the school year. Students are prohibited from wearing shorts between September 15th and May 14th. Uniform shorts must be purchased from Lobels. (The date of when shorts can be worn is subject to change at the discretion of the principal.)
- Gym uniforms must have the school logo on them and cannot be replaced with other apparel that resemble the uniform in color.
- The school designated gym shorts may be worn on gym days. The shorts must be the school approved shorts and contain the school logo on them. From October 1st to May 1st, only the gym sweatpants will be allowed to be worn throughout the building during the course of the school day. The shorts may be worn for gym class ONLY during this time, but they must be covered or replaced by the gym sweatpants for the rest of the day. (The date is subject to change at the discretion of the principal.)
- Boys are prohibited from wearing polo shirts between September 15th and May 14th. (The date is subject to change at the discretion of the principal.)
- Girls and boys in kindergarten through 8th grade must wear sturdy navy or black shoes, or for girls, the school uniform blue and white saddle shoes. (No sneakers, skateboard tennis shoes, clogs, golf shoes, jelly shoes, backless thongs, flip flops, boots, Asian style slip-ons, or ballet slippers.) Pre-K students may wear sneakers, navy sturdy shoes, or black sturdy shoes. Due to insurance regulations, no shoes may have a heel higher than ½ inch.
- Uniform skirts and gym shorts must be a length that meets the middle of the knee (no rolling up is permitted). Gym shorts must contain the school logo on them.
- Earrings are not to be worn by boys. Girls may wear small, simple, inexpensive earrings – post style – not hoop or drop style - only one (1) in each ear. It is not permissible for either boys or girls to wear body-piercing jewelry in school. Only one necklace or bracelet may be worn. Only one ring on each hand may be worn. Inappropriate-style jewelry and hard barrettes or beads are not to be worn.
- Haircuts are to be non-faddish in style – “no hair designs shaved into a hairdo is permissible.” Hair coloring other than the child’s natural color is not allowed. Mohawks of any sort are not permitted. Hair, which is braided, may not be jeweled or beaded. Hair bands are to be small in size; scarves, animal-shaped headbands and triangles are not permissible. Hair that is slicked back is not permissible.
- Hats and outdoor jackets are not to be worn in the building. Only school based sweaters and sweatshirts can be worn.
- Dungarees or blue jeans are never permissible in school at any time except for events specified by the school.
- Make-up, eye-liner, fake eyelashes, nail polish and artificial/press-on nails are not allowed to be worn at any time. Nails are to be trimmed for the safety of all students. Nail length cannot exceed the fingertip.
- No large hair ribbons, bandannas or hats are to be worn during school time.
- On School Spirit days, only the approved Royals apparel is permitted to be worn. Gym uniforms, team jerseys, or alternate shirts containing AOLG are not permitted on these days. If a sweatshirt is worn, it cannot be removed unless a Royals approved shirt is worn underneath.
- Students not in compliance with the dress code will receive a uniform referral sheet and may be subject to a detention or being sent home (unexcused) and permitted to return upon approval of the school administrator.